Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hi Everyone

It is now August 1st. Wow. This year just keeps zipping on by without pausing to let you breathe much.

The last few weeks just seem to have blurred all together. Unfortunately, I missed my self-imposed deadline on Locked in Stone. I'm past the 50% mark now (yay!) but as usual, I've ground to a halt the last few days. I could blame sick twins (the girls were sick over the weekend and only finished recovering yesterday), but truth is I'm lousy when it comes to being focused on my writing. It's a very frustrating thing. I think I've got something with my Hearts of Stone series, but getting it out is the problem. I've gotten some great feedback thus far on what I've written, which is nice, but of course it's going to require massive revisions (part of which I've already got in mind and is causing major problems because I'm itching to go back and start fixing it, but am forcing myself to get to the end before I allow myself the luxury).

Work in the real world is going well for the most part. I like my job and my co-workers. One of the lawyers...yeah, not a big fan, but I also feel sorry for him. He's getting on in years and his mind is losing its sharpness. You know he knows it is, and that's probably making him more frustrated than anything else.

Girls are growing like crazy. Daddy took this picture Monday as I was coming home from work:

It's much clearer on my phone, and I'm not sure why it ended up looking so bad on the computer screen. It's bigger my phone and crystal clear.

After a couple months of stalling out, my weight loss has continued, which is cool. The stall turned out to have been related to a heart issue I was having without knowing it. Losing weight would probably go faster if I put much effort into it. Still, I have my little victories (I've dropped another size, which was awesome, and was able to find more clothes that fit and looked okay on me).

Anyway, that's it for now! Hope you're enjoying the reviews I post. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. I am having similar success. I hope the heart issue isn't serious. And keep it up with Locked in Stone. Love the title and what I read. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments and thoughts. I can only get better with your help. Tory